This year again, I attended Africa Fashion Week London which is a global platform for African inspired designers.Having showcased over 850 emerging designers & exhibitors, from Africa, Europe and America
When I started attending, a few years back, it was mostly for entertainment purposes but now that my styling work is getting more and more established:
I am attending Africa Fashion Week for:
- Meet and catch up with my fashion friends
- See what’s trendy or will be trending
- Discover and connect with new designers
- Do research for my next big write up
- Get more designs for my future lookbooks.
- Or simply network with the “who is who in the industry”
On the picture above, actually featured on their newsletter (below) was the situation of catch up
For my outfit, I opted for a mustard pair of shorts that I first wore in this click here lookbook on my youtube.Then I matched it with a golden silk top that has an easy glam feel to it.Then complimented with perplex heels boot, massive choker and bangles were definitely on the menu too.
Watch the live backstage video HERE
And feel free to shop the look here or similar below.
If you missed the live shows this year.Catch all the looks here: http://www.africafashionweeklondon.com/